(it’s wordy but it’s the law)
ClydeBuilt may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective at all times.
What we collect
We may collect and process the following information you give us about yourself, for example when you register to use our website, when you place an order on our website, when you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise or when you enter a competition, promotion or survey: name; contact information including address, email address and phone number; demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests; credit card information; and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to improve our products and services;
- to enable us to send you promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- to contact you from time to time for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail;
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including internal record keeping, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- to customise the website according to your interests.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you or if ClydeBuilt or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes; and/or
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
ClydeBuilt, c/o Gillespie & Anderson, 147 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4SN
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
ClydeBuilt, c/o Gillespie & Anderson, 147 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4SN or firstname.lastname@example.org.